The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, November 30, 2006

How Do You Do It All?

A lot of people ask me “How do you do it all? You have so many projects on the go.”

It’s true, there’s a lot on the go, but I’m not always on the go. I have lots of help. Of course, you know about my trusty virtual assistants, writers and other contractors I work with…but I still don’t work alone.

Partnering with another online business owner in projects is a great thing. I personally have partnered (and will continue to) with some great Internet business owners.

I combine efforts with Lynette Chandler and Kelly McCausey on a mastermind group for women in business at MomMasterminds.com.

Kelly and I co-own Mom Webs and I’m a financial contributor to WAHM Talk Radio…but Kelly does all the hard work. :-)

Lynette and I also have some software projects in the works and the first is the free Opt-in Builder.

I also work with Mila Sidman on a growing collection of private label content projects, with the first being All Mom Content. We also have a number of content websites we work on together.

I now work with a full time affiliate manager, Heather Eagar, who manages my affiliate programs, recruits affiliates and works with my affiliates to get them active. I don’t know how I lived without her before.

…and the list goes on.

Partnering with other business owners has so many benefits for everyone involved.

- Drawing on one another’s strengths. If you are strong in one area, but lack in another important element, partnering with someone who is strong in those areas will help tremendously. For instance, I’m not a technical person, Lynette is. Therefore, she does more of that stuff, while I do more writing, etc.

- It’s a good push to move ahead…if my partner completes an aspect of the project, I know it’s my turn to move full-steam ahead.

- Drawing on each other’s resources including mailing lists, traffic, contacts, writers, assistants etc. This in turn gives your product or service more exposure that you may not have tapped into with just your own resources.

If you’ve partnered with another business owner I’d love to know what you liked about it and if you’d do it again. If you haven’t worked with someone else yet, what’s your first partnership going to be?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great topic Alice! I would absolutely love to partner with someone on a project but not sure who, what or when yet ..lol.

It's so smart to combine forces with others, just seems to make really good business sense.

Thanks for the tip! :)

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one partnership in the works now and hope to have more in the future.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great question, Jennifer, and one that a lot of people have. It always seemed pretty simple (or more like "by the seat of my pants" for me), so I just went ahead. Also, different partnerships come with different arrangements.

I'll take some time to think on it and include something in my newsletter on Tuesday. I'll also post it to the blog here.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home