The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Come On Baby Finish What You Started…

Kelly McCausey posted an interesting topic on her WAHM Talk Radio Blog a few days back entitled “Do You Finish What You Start?” She posted a picture of a t-shirt that says, I Never Finish Anyth.

As an internet marketer it’s very easy to get stuck in a rut and start projects that you think are going to take off, but then never get around to seeing them through for various reasons.

Do any of these sound familiar to you? “I just don’t have the time to give that project the energy it deserves.” “I’ll get to it as soon as I finish this other project that has me all revved up right now.” “It’s there it’s just sitting on the backburner while I gather content for the site.”

The list of reasons things get started but never seen through to completion could go on. If you find yourself putting it off over and over, because something else is more important, you’ll never get it done. You need to ask yourself if it’s really something you want to do in the first place. Is it really true that you don’t have the time or are you just bored with it and ready to move on? Or is it simply a matter of outsourcing the things you don't want to do? If you can get those things off your plate, you can concentrate on what else needs to get done.

Now, this doesn’t apply to those who want to start something and then don’t want to put the time and effort into seeing it through just because they thought it would be a piece of cake in the beginning! :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. If I had list of things I didn't finish, I'd be in big trouble.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a list of things, I'd be in trouble too....except I would never finish making the list!

The first few paragraphs of this post describes me to a T. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who doesn't finish projects.

I think my biggest problem is a lack of motivation.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a common theme all across the internet marketing world.

The guy on this blog offered to give away a cruise to the first person to take a simple action (posting about why they deserve the cruise) and very few bothered to take him up on it.

I think many are just so afraid that they may try something and it may not work (and therefore burst their dreams of easy money on the internet) that they're more comfortable not trying so they can still dream...

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home