The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Alice Doesn’t Cry Everyday Anymore

I was just thinking about the difference in my workday now in comparison to when I first got started on. Yep, reflection time. If you don’t stop to think about where you’ve come in your business every now and again, you should. It’s a great motivator.

I’ve always considered myself technologically challenged, but people don’t always believe me.

Well, I’ve come a long way baby! :-)

I remember when I first started and I couldn’t figure something out. It was horrible. I’d screw something up I couldn’t fix or I’d do something and think it was right only to find that it wasn’t and I had to redo it from scratch…I know some of you know what I’m talking about don’t you? It’s OK, no need to slouch down in your chairs, no one can see you! ;-)

It seemed like every day I’d burst into tears, chasing down my husband and demanding he fix it for me (and often, he could since he’s a computer nerd). But now, I’ve pretty much got it under control and I rarely cry anymore.

So, how about you? What has changed about your workday since you first started?

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Alice my vision of you is shattered! I can't imagine you being a cryer.

I understand what you mean though. I'm not a big reactor but I've come a long way even in a year with how I react to challenges presenting themselves in my path.

Not so much technical stuff though, more along the lines of personal stuff and motivation. Having a bad day at work... when you work at home kinda stuff.

You're so right about reflecting. It's a great idea for us to pat ourselves on the back and remind ourselves of all the small victories we've had.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a big cryer, but I would get so frustrated...I couldn't help it. I don't think I could have made it through without DH.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Mama Arika said...

Great post Alice! It's so true, too many times we look at the things that bring us down or hold us back and think failure, but if we actually took the time to look at the stuff we have accomplished we might just impress ourselves, hu?

Carrie - I'm with you it's great looking back and knowing that you made it through all the WAHM moments and so did the kids! :)

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can firmly remember times where I'd go Mike Tyson style on my keyboard or other office furniture when I'd get frustrated.

I had to learn to mellow that out though as it scared my girlfriend seeing me get so upset with the damn computer.

As much as I hate this thing sometimes, I'm very grateful for this little box that I call my personal ATM machine.

I'll admit, I've shed a tear or two from frustrations on the computer. Losing a few hundred, or thousand dollars because of power outages is not too much fun!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I'm very emotional, and have been told it's not always a bad thing. I also tend to re-act, instead of choose my actions. That's not a good thing, but it is something I'm working on. I'm being stretched in more ways than one, and some of it's not so easy.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,

You're lucky to have a spouse who's technically gifted. My husband is more "blur" than me in technology related terms but still i guess it's about trying and then if it doesn't work, we just ask the correct people.

When i feel distracted and pressured, i go shopping & spa massages. I don't think there's anything wrong about being emotional but i've been able to separate my work life & my personal life pretty well.

It gets worse when you have to deal with difficult people when you are feeling low in your personal life, especially rude people. I felt like running away from them fast (while imagining what i'll do to them if i had a black belt in karate, haha)

Regards,
Fione
www.eOneNet.com
#1 Internet Marketing Asia

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home