The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Enough Tagging Me, Here's My Meme: Balancing Home & IM

Balancing Home & Online Business Internet Marketing Sweetie Meme

I’ve been getting tagged a lot lately and now it’s my turn to put some people on the spot. The first ever Internet Marketing Sweetie Meme is…Top 5 Tips for Balancing Home & Online Business.

Here’s mine:

1. Don’t Expect Perfection
I’m not saying that things don’t have to be done and done well, but instead realize that you can’t do everything and you can’t get it all done at once.

2. Outsourcing
Get some of the tasks that you don’t have to do or don’t like doing in your business off your plate. The relief you’ll feel knowing your business is not stalling and your family isn’t feeling left out is wonderful.

3. Turn the computer OFF completely for most of the day.
By turning the PC off unless I’m working, I don’t have the urge to jump online during the day when I need to be spending time with my family. They have my undivided attention when the computer is off and business has my undivided attention when the computer is on. I also feel more refreshed and focused when I get back on the computer.

4. Plan regular family outings.
This allows me to have no business distractions at all. I get to focus completely on my family and enjoy my time away. I get to be mom, wife…me minus the entrepreneur hat.

5. Work with the right people.
I make it a point to work with those who appreciate and share my values. Those who understand the importance of family and a personal life make my work easier and less stressful, which my family loves, just as much as I do!

Now’s the time for me to play TAGGER! So, you’re it now:

Arika Liddiard

Tishia Lee

Kevin Riley

Kelly McCausey

Note: If you’ve been tagged, simply use the copy & paste text below and fill in the blanks with your great tips for balancing home and online business. When you paste the code on your site you will see a text box for those you tag to use. You’ll need to enter your name and link in the appropriate places within that text box – and don’t forget to include your tips too!


7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Oh wow Alice - first I have to say that I LOVE how easy you made it for us to participate in your meme! The template for my post is great :)

Now I'm off to post my tips!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Alice

This is Yvonne.

I just sent an email to news@internetmarketingsweetie.com.

Would appreciate your reply please.

Yvonne.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne,

We received your email and Mel is looking into it for you right away.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Alice...Loved your suggestion 'Turn the computer OFF completely for most of the day'. Its simple one but its working for me...So often I am tempted to check my emails or stats or anything work related in between my house chores and family time. By turning off the computer I don't seem to doing it that often...Well its only been two days (actually a day and half) since I started implementing it, but so far so good..Btw love your blog....

Sandy

1:25 PM  
Blogger Mama Arika said...

uh oh...now I have to post! LOL Thanks for the kick in the rump Alice and I agree with Kelly...you make things so easy for us in true sweetie fashion. :)

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great advice, Alice. I wish I could make myself turn my computer off during the day, but I just can't make myself do it. The only rest it gets is at night. :blush:

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about turning the computer off. It seems so simple... yet it creates a clear boundary between work time and personal life. Working at home, I too check my computer all throughout the day.... and night. In fact, I never turn my computers off... they're always ready for me... Boundaries are good. Thanks for this suggestion!! I think my girlfriend is going to want to thank you too!
-dan

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home