The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Forget about Fly Girls - FlyLady - you rock!

About 5 years ago, I signed up for a mailing list from the "FlyLady" who helped busy women organize their days and make sure everything got done. Holy smokes...this woman emailed tons and I was in complete overwhelm. I unsubscribed.

The typically whining Internet marketer would have stated, "She is missing out big time. She emails too much and I hit the unsubscribe button."

I said no such thing. I realized I wasn't her target market.

Now today, after a post at the Warriors Forum, I find out that out that our dear FlyLady hit $4 million in sales last year. You go Cilley...that is AWESOME!

And ahem, just goes to show a HUGE lesson on focus in our businesses...it's what will pay off in the long run!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - I have heard of the FlyLady and I think I was on her list too at one point but unsubscribed because it was too much.... very cool though.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog! Go Marla!

I do the principles of FlyLady (like wearing shoes, it really does help your productivity! and avoiding procrastination and perfectionism, doing things in quick bursts, getting cute in the mornings, etc) but unsubbed years ago too.

You can also read her book Sink Reflections and get the basics.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'll admit, I'm one of those that unsubbed because of the shear volume of emails. I think I still have a folder in my email full of old messages.

Wow, $4 Mil! I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but I guess I was wrong!!

I think you can get the basics on the website without having to deal with all the emails.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

yep, I unsubscribed too after a few weeks because of the volume of emails, but that just goes to show that everyone has different needs. She caters to the needs of those that love that kind of attention.

Still, I follow many of the principles she suggests even today and there's nothing better than the 27 fling boogie to get you feeling good!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! $4 Million! I could start being a nag for that kind of money!!

I also unsubbed. I thought her testimonials sounded fake - guess I was wrong...

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mommy of 5 said...

Flylady Rocks! I only read certain emails..then delete the rest, otherwise I too would have gotten overwhelmed. She (and her teaching) have gotten me more organized than ever before...but there's still room for change :0) $4 million in sales, that is awesome!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Tishia said...

Holy Toledo $4 million is amazing! Actually I can't even wrap my mind around $4 mil! That's crazy but awesome!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Charissa Bear said...

Wow! 4 million, she must be doing something right.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home