The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

Generation Y Wins Hu?

While browsing Lynn Terry’s blog, ClickNewz, I came across her post about Generation Y being the most entrepreneurial in history. Wow, I thought us Generation Xers were doing a pretty good job myself. ;-)

Looks like Inc.com did a story about the top 30 under 30 business owners. In all seriousness, I think it is so cool. Some of these business owners are still babies and look at them…they’ve got very successful businesses.

Here’s just a few that really impressed me.

At # 10-12 on the list, Dave & Catherine Cook (19 and 17 respectively), along with their older brother Geoff started a site for teens back in 2005, which means both of them were under 18 when they began. Impressive!!

Even more impressive is who got the #2 spot. At the tender age of 14 (he couldn’t even drive yet) Sean Belnick started an office furniture store that is now worth over $24 million dollars. Check him out!! He now sells to places like the Pentagon, Microsoft, and American Idol.

I say good for them, but I wonder if they will do Coolest 40 under 40 anytime soon? Heehee…not that I’ll be on that list, but hey you never know! A girl can dream can’t she and I’m cool right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

That Sean kid is like a celebrity here since he's from Atlanta.

This month's Revenue magazine has a success story about a 14 year old affiliate marketer. He sounds like a really cool kid.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I started out in this too late. ;) Of course, when I was their ages, there wasn't an internet, so at least I have a reason for not jumping on the bandwagon a little earlier. I guess we do what we can, huh?

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think being a female can even be an advantage. I've seen many of my women students working harder and of course, doing something new is never easy.

Selling on the internet surely beats the old conventional way of selling. I'll never trade the lessons i've learn on the internet for anything else!

Cheers,
Fione Tan
http://www.eOneNet.com
#1 Internet Marketing Asia

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home