The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Friday, July 23, 2004

My Favorite Business Forums

I go through phases where I hang out at forums a lot...and then I go into a cave and just work, work, work. But I love the social aspect of talking with like-minded people and love to share ideas and learn. Learning and sharing knowledge is my passion!

So, when I do hang out at forums a lot, these are my favorite places to go:

> Internet Based Moms - Hee hee, yeah...I own it, but it's a great place for discussing all aspects of Internet Marketing in a friendly environment.

> Of course, I'm also enjoying hanging out with my new friends at Mom Masterminds. Kelly McCausey and I just launched this online business mentoring site last month and are having a blast.

> Okay, maybe I'm a forum junkie because I actually own three. This one isn't mom-related and is for people who love writing online. Come visit us at Web Writing Profit

All biases aside for my own forums....here's some more great ones:

> SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com: This is a great place to discuss Internet marketing and is ideal for those involved with or just getting started with affiliate marketing. The forum owner, Lynn Terry is a great friend...and an awesome forum owner.

> TurningIdeasIntoDollars.com: This is a paid membership forum started by Lynn Terry and another good friend Andre Chaperon. They do online training and have tons of great resources inside...it is highly recommended. If you visit the main page...you'll see me telling you all about the wonderful things going on inside. :)

> WAHM.com: WAHM is the original work at home mom site and they have a really active forum. The discussions are really varied and range from people who want teleworking jobs to those with home businesses. I usually just stick to the Business Advice & Business Topics forum.

The only complaint I have about WAHM is that people should not be able to delete their posts. It causes a number of people to post things they may not normally say if they didn't have the option do delete. There's also been a number of times when I wrote a very detailed answer to a question and then the first person who posted deletes her post...and POOF! the whole thread is gone.

IM4Newbies is run by Mike Merz and is a very friendly place to get some good learning done. I don't go there as much as I'd like, but Mike deserves a mention for sure!

Just for Learning Forums

I must say that I learn tons at IBMoms, SSWT, TIID and Mom Masterminds too...but I listed them first because I love the social aspect of those forums. However, if I'm just looking to just read posts, here's where I go:

> ALWAYS...I go to Michael Wong's Marketing Forum Watch. You can scan through posts from many great marketing forums. You can even save your settings to view only the forums you want to watch. It's awesome.

> Webmasterworld: This is an awesome forum filled with tons of smart cookies. I just go there to read because I don't really like the anonymity of the forums. I like to get to know the people I'm speaking with and using real names myself.

There's a lot of other good ones, but scanning Michael's forum watch will you give all the latest and greatest juicy posts. You can also watch Webmasterworld from the forum watch.

To Your Learning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home