The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

You Know You're Really Busy Working When...

...you say something like this:

Late Sunday night, I emailed Ali (Alexandria K. Brown - The Ezine Queen) for some details about her free teleseminar she's doing next week. I like to catch up on work on Sunday nights and thought she'd have the email waiting for when started work on Monday.

At about 10 PM last night (Monday night), Ali writes back to me and says, "Sorry, I'm going to start working on this as soon as possible. It's been a crazy week."

Well, I had to chuckle because I kind of felt the same "craziness". I wrote back to her and said, "You know it's only Monday, right?"

So, she writes back and says she was so busy, she really didn't realize that it was only Monday! Anybody else have week's like this?

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

I have definitely been feeling this way lately, but it occurred to me the other day that I was getting overwhelmed and sidetracked with the things that I would LIKE to do...instead of the things that I MUST do or NEED to do.

So I got a dry erase whiteboard and put it on the wall in the kitchen, and wrote on it the MUSTS. It's helping me stay on track.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Totally...I was just saying that at Mom Masterminds today. We always put things on our "to do" list that no one (but us) will care if we don't get done. We don't have to fix our link page RIGHT now. We don't have to add that extra article RIGHT now.

I think Ali has a lot of speaking engagements set up and is in the promotions phase for most of them. So, she really does have to get all these things done.

But it's an interesting tale on the speaking profession. It IS awesome money, but it can you ragged just like any other "J.O.B."

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home