The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Semi-Retirement Plan

2005 has definitely been an a great year - personally and professionally. My business has grown by leaps and bounds and I've also rediscovered a lot of things about myself that got lost in the past 3 years slaving over my computer. If you're slaving now...and slaving smartly...there is light at the end of the tunnel. I promise!

Anyway, business is going good. I'm not filthy rich and couldn't live off my life savings, but I'm already working on my semi-retirement plan. Over the past few weeks, I finally realized that I was spending more time on the computer than I actually needed to (could you be guilty of this as well?). I have devised a new schedule for myself that will have me working about 10-12 hours per week (or less, if I feel like it) and still GROW my business.

That's the beauty of it...I'm going to cut back how much I work, but I am not limiting my income potential. On the contrary, I'm increasing it. I've shared in the past that when I work less, I'm more focussed and I tend to get more done. I know others experience the same thing and I bet you would find the same.

Accomplishing this has been a combination of building passive income and having other people do the hard work for me, while I just oversee everything. I've been outsourcing a lot of work for over 3 years now...but now I'm increasing the amount of help I'm getting and really getting things systematized. This is going to be a major overhaul for my business and my life.

I've put together some useful tips for you in the FAQ and if you haven't checked them out, I encourage you to now:

How to Outsource on a Budget
http://aliceseba.com/faq/content/view/59/1/

How to Work on with an Assistant
http://aliceseba.com/faq/content/view/61/1/

and I'll add more tips and suggestions as I go along.

I've told a few people of my plans and they asked me if I will continue with my blog and projects like InternetBasedMoms.com. Absolutely! This is what I love most about my business - sharing ideas and things that have worked fro me - and in that 10-12 hour schedule, I've included plenty of time to work on my newsletters and add to the FAQ. So you can expect to hear a LOT more from me. ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Congrats Alice!
And thanks for sharing. It does help to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's amazing what you have accomplished in the past 3 years.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

YOu are an inspiration!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome Alice. How can I learn to follow in your footsteps? Do you have a course that outlines the process you took to get so much traffic? Mike

7:26 AM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

Congratulations Alice! That is great! I am doing so much better with my businesses lately thanks to all of your information here and IBMoms!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

Congrats Alice. That's awesome news for you and your boys!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

This is what I like to hear. Hat's off Alice!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home