The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2006

For Parents Who Need Work Time


Today, I emailed this to my Internet Based Mom's list because I knew they could certainly use it. Since I know there are plenty of Dad's who read this blog who might be in need of the same thing...I'll post this offer here too:

------------------------------------

Oh boy...it's not always easy running an online business
with kids underfoot, is it? If you have little ones like me,
they're probably trying to hammer on the keyboard as you're
trying to type out an important email. My 3 year old's
favorite trick is to push the power button, while I'm in the
middle of something that I didn't get a chance to save. But
you still gotta love those kids!

I was talking to an Internet Based Mom's forum member,
Ellen C. Braun, about the craziness with kids and business.
She told me that had created a downloadable product to
entertain the kids while you get a bit of peace and quiet.
And no...don't worry, you're not going to be asked to pull
out your wallet!

It's an activity book called, "Twenty-Four-Hours of Peace
and Quiet" that will keep your kids engaged in an
educational and enjoyable activity while you finally get
some work done. Kids of all ages will be fascinated by the
optical illusions and geometrical shapes found within this
ebook.

I remember coloring pages like this for hours and hours when
I was a kid. I had NO idea my mom was probably just trying
to keep me quiet for a bit. ;-)

Kind soul she is (and mom of 3 youngters herself), Ellen has
offered to allow you to download the gift at no charge - but
it's just a limited time. Grab yours at: 24 Hours of Peace & Quiet

Print out a few copies, grab the felts or crayons and enjoy
the silence.


Alice Seba

P.S. After you grab yours, check out the "Animal School"
video at http://www.raisingsmallsouls.com.
Just click the purple button to watch it.


---------------------------------

Have fun and maybe color a few yourself. ;-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the coloring book and especially the Animal School video!

10:04 AM  
Blogger SPRaven said...

My husband is disabled and very sick right now.I do most of the parenting in our house and never have much of a break. I have 2 little girls ages 5 and 7. When Ellen Braun sent me this book, I just knew my kids were going to love it. Their reaction was everything I had hoped it would be. They just love the designs! And I just love the peace and quiet!

I think the book would be great for schools.

Also the "Animal School" video is something that I think every parent and teacher should see.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those look fantastic. Coloring in for the bigger kids! Luckily in our neighbourhood I can just shoo the kids outside but with winter coming - southern hemisphere ;) - you need other tools up your sleeve.

thank you!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have terrible allergies, so on a high pollen day it is so comforting to know that I can give my kids something educational to do. It literally helps me breathe easier.

I also recommend watching the "Animal School" video again and again and applying its lessons with everyone you meet. After all, adults are just big children.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

I think I enjoyed the coloring book more than the kids. I love to color,I find it meditative. :)

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice for the sweet write-up:) (a well-deserved 'sweetie' reputation here, lol!)

When I need a few minutes to put together dinner or finish an online project, I print out a few pages, take out the markers, turn on a story tape, and lead the kids to the table- then my time is my own! (for a little while, at least;))

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home