The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, June 8, 2006

Stu Schooled Me

The other day, I was talking to Stu McLaren on the phone about our upcoming teleseminar for my Affiliate Manager Sweetie students (yeah, yeah...it's all I talk about these days, but Stu DID teach me an important lesson). Part of the conversation went something like this:

Alice: Do you want to collect email addresses for the teleseminar?
Stu: It's up to you.
Alice: Will you make transcripts?
Stu: If you'd like us to.
Alice: Do you mind if I tell my readers that transcripts and audio will be provided.
Stu: It's up to you.

Now, Stu may sound like a man of few words (...but he's not, that was just part of the conversation), but we he did was very important. As an affiliate of his, he wanted to make sure that everything was done according to my needs.

It doesn't really matter what marketing strategies he thinks is best. He knows that I know my readers best, so I can decide how to put everything together. He also know that's my readers are accustomed to the way I do things.

I definitely learned something in those few minutes. We also talked about the benefits of hiring a full-time affiliate manager, which I will definitely be doing in the next few months. Some of the information he gave me on the call is available in a video he and Russell Brunson created. You can see it by signing up for my free affiliate manager tips.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was an eye-opening video. Thanks for sharing that, Alice.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya definitely eye opening. Thank you.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home