The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Internet Marketers Belly Epidemic

I haven't been to an Internet Marketing seminar in a little while, but when I did there was a common phenomena - The Internet Marketer's Belly.

It's kind of like a beer belly, but it grows through countless hours of sitting in front of the computer. I suspect that some even have the beer belly / Internet marketer's belly combo and that's a doozie.

The first seminar I went to, I had my own Internet Marketer's belly...and arms...and butt...we'll, you get the picture. It's so easy to let it happen, put off the gym and other physical activities because we're "too busy".

But an amazing thing happens when we take the time to exercise:

- We reduce stress
- We think more clearly and we're more productive
- And gosh darn it, the belly starts to shrink!

I take time out of most work days to exercise, even when I don't think I have time. I bring a notepad, my PDA, an audio course or a book to read on the cardio machine. I call it my working workout.

Just like during my pedicure, I've come up with some great plans and ideas while sweating away on the elliptical machine. And yesterday, I completed my goals and business plan for the rest of 2006 and most of 2007.

Now that's productivity! If you've been putting off working on that Internet Marketer's belly, think you could set aside an hour today?

Come on...okay? Don't end up like John Smith in the newspaper article.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was definitely starting to get an IM Belly... but I've fought back and am regularly exercising now.

It's great for clearing the mind and focusing your business goals too.

Good for you Alice, great accomplishment with the business goals too.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point.

I recently got a wifi pocket PC. It gets me out of the house and walking to a local wifi cafe where I can think more clearly without domestic distractions.

Its a great combination - exercise, open air and a device to catch the bright ideas. The more I get out like that the more sales I make!

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alice, why haven't I seen this John Smith on the Young and the Restless?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Ha ha, anonymous #2. Victor actually approached Mr. Smith about working for him, but Mr. Smith declined because he could make more money fiddling with his computer at home!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alice, great post, and you gave me a great idea... I'll clue you in when I've worked out the details:)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. I gained a few pounds last year, and now I exercise 3-4 times a week.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an IM Belly too! Here's what works for me:

I found a book called *8 minutes in the morning* by Jorge Cruise (search Amazon.com). I started exercising in the morning. It's just 8 minutes, and it tones your muscles and gives you energy for the rest of the day.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Internet Marketing Belly got out of control for awhile, but I'm slowly but surely geting it nice and flat again. Lots of exercise and eating healthy.

It's kind of like "Secretary Butt" -- from sitting on your butt all day. lol.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home