The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2007

ForAGreatCause.Org - It's for a Good Cause BUT...

Hmmm...I just received a private message on a forum from a member of Stephen Pierce's staff for his great fundraiser at ForAGreatCause.org. The money's collected go to "Feed the Children" and it's NOT your typical fundraiser.

Stephen Pierce is not asking for your money.

He is going to donate a plate of food on your BEHALF when you give him your name and email address. In return, you get his report, "The Power of Third Influence".

You can get it here:
http://www.foragreatercause.org

But here's where I have a problem. In the PM I received (whether I was handpicked or part of a mass contact, I don't know), his staff member showed me a page where you can promotion tools, etc. He also gives you a list of forums and blogs where you can post the fundraiser. My blog was one of those listed and recently, I did have someone post the fundraiser into my comments area in a completely unrelated post. Even though I believe in the cause and commend Stephen for his work, this does not sit right with me.

Fundraiser or not, there is no excuse for what I feel amounts to abusing the Internet marketing community. For example, if Mike Merz (whose blog is also listed as a place to post) is posting about a JV offer for a new product and a fundraiser supporter posts about ForAGreaterCause.org in the comments area - isn't that completely irrelevant and kind of downright rude? And what about that forums? Sure, if the forum allows advertising, post it in the advertising section, but there is no instruction to do that. It simply says, here's a list of forums you can post to.

As of late, I've seen Mr. Pierce's staff and partners out in full force on forums, posting in appropriately about a few different projects he is working. I don't think that's cool.

Let's feed the children...but let's respect the Internet marketing community at the same time.

(NOTE: I am not posting the link to the page with the forums/blogs listed because I don't want to encourage any forum/blog abuse...but if you received an information to promote, you would have seen a link to this on the promo tools page)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that doesn't seem quite right. Fundraising is tough, but you have to still play by the rules.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home