The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Web 2.0 Gone Too Far - What's up with That 2CO?

I've used 2Checkout (2CO) as one of my payment processors for a few years. They have some quirks in their system and to this day, it is still IMPOSSIBLE to get a proper downloadable report out of the system.

Yet, it seems they've decided (apparently) that they should invest some cash and go Web 2.0. In my opinion, this has just made a mess of their home page. Whereas you used to go to:

2checkout.com

..the page now redirects to...

2checkout.com/community

It looks like this:




This bizarre page takes you to a cluttered blog, a bunch of links all over the place and the log in is hidden way over to the right. As a long-time user, I was like - what the heck do I need all this stuff for? Then, I thought...well, what if I was a new client and was interested in the service. Would this help?

Seriously, I doubt it would. There's just too much on the page and to find the info I needed, I'd have to get way over to the right side to even get a glimpse of the service info. It just doesn't make sense.

Web 2.0 or 11111.38496, doesn't matter. If you're selling, sell. Even if you're using information to sell...you still have to sell and avoid confusing your visitor. This new page is just a mess...use the blog for current clients or even as lead generating content...but not on your main page that has always been reserved for selling.

Maybe I'm wrong and this will work wonders for 2CO (but PayPal hasn't seemed to join on this feeling - their main page is still selling the service). If it does do wonders for 2CO, all I've got to say is they'd better invest in proper reporting systems, for goodness sakes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it MIGHT have made sense if they would have actually done something new with their services as well.

Something like remodel it around an affiliate program. But this.. just reeks of bad advice taken.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home