The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

FAQ Update: Publicity Questions Answered

As a retired press release writer for pay, I still receive plenty of questions about press releases and publicity. I thought I’d share 2 of the more popular ones with you today.

1. Is there a difference between writing articles for distribution and writing press releases?

2. Don’t you need a publicist or do a whole lot of groundwork to get good publicity?

While your competition stays obsessed with search engine rankings, trying to find sites to link to them…you can start a smart press release campaign and get tons of free exposure for your business.

(By the way…I’ll have an update for Press Release Profits students shortly, so keep an eye on your inbox!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

I can answer number two quickly and easily: NO.

My podcast just got mentioned in a national magazine that has 185,000 subscribers... from one press release.

A few months ago I got a site mentioned in the launch issue of a different national magazine, all from one little release.

And little old me. ;) It's not hard and the payoff can be big.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home