The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thoughts on the New Hot Internet Marketing Sweetie Look?

Check me out! Yep, that’s me…Miss Internet Marketing Sweetie.

After a discussion on a forum where I falsely claimed to have the body of a size 0 model, my subscriber Garrie Wilson told me:

“Then start sending html emails with a picture embedded to increase our open rates! I know I'd open more of your emails.”

(Oh and by the way, Garrie’s a good guy…you’d have to have read the message in context, but it’s a looong story)

Well, I tried it today. If you got here from the email, what do you think of this hot mama? Think I can sell more products this way? ;-)

I’m not sure this “Hot Internet Marketing Sweetie” will be sticking around for very long, but it makes me think of Martin Avis’s success tip about being your own character that I posted about last week.

In business, diversity is a good thing. Imagine how boring the Internet marketing world would be if we all did exactly the same thing. By throwing a bit of your uniqueness into things you can let people know you are ‘real’ and don’t simply follow everyone else’s lead. When you stand out from the crowd, it’s easier to get noticed.

It also shows strength and confidence when you do things a little differently…and no, I’m not just talking about having a silly little graphic made like I did today. I’m talking about going beyond that. Don’t be afraid to share your opinions and don’t be afraid to appeal to a narrower group of people that really resonate with you.

What about you? What sets you apart from everyone else in your market?

24 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

LOL Alice! Everyone knows that's ME. I mean really, nice try. :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly Martin said...

Hi there I love getting your newsletter just wanted to thankyou. Its people like you that inspire me to keep going with my blog.

Thanks again x
Kelly

www.kellymartinspeaks.blogspot.com

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever Carrie...I have much darker hair now (true) and got a leg extension (maybe not true) and a boob job (may be not true). It's me!

Thanks Kelly...I really appreciate your feedback. I love blogs!

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL You got me to visit Alice. :)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice! LOL! I vote YES! I like the new look and keep up the good work!

Dennis & Linda

1:24 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Nope..The original pic has much more character, scrap the new one!
My $.02
Steve

ps..isn't it strange that the verification code for this comment was "wigl" (no kidding!)

1:56 PM  
Blogger All About the Player said...

Alice

lol...I always read your e-mails but this one sucked me in ( I'm a guy after all...:D )

I thought it was Betty Boop.

The last picture I saw of you, you look hotter than this one.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Umm Alice I think he means a real hot picture?? Maybe some leg?? J/K! Hehe I do like your other one....but more makeup and an updo and you could be making a lot of men open your emails!! Hehe have fun

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xu1 is Tony Saff ( Warrior forum ) by the way.....lol...shows how long its been since I posted on a blogger blog....

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I usually receive a lot of emails from you and many others. Sometimes, I have to skip some.
But this one got me to open it - pronto!
Thank you and keep up the good work!!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked the date! Nope this is not an April Fool's Day spoof. Anyone who is excited by a cartoon anorexic girl is in need of professional help.

As a good copywriter you know that it is copy that gets emails or articles read not cartoons.

Not that anyone is preventing you from posting an Internet Sweetie Video on YouTube...

Alex

12:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Alice,

I love that Canadian humor! In fact, I'm spending some time in Prospect Bay (near Halifax) this week.

Toooo funny w/the pic. At first, before seeing your graphic, I groaned and thought, "Oh no...not another one who puts up glamour photos!"

Thanks for the laugh. :-)

6:27 AM  
Blogger GoldSmith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a question, but that's not related to this thread. Can I send you a PM? Or should I reply to this post?
RandySwanston
http://www.randyswanston.com/Recommends/videobrander/

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your spam rosesylvia. :-) BTW - if you want a link in your comments, you need to use HTML tags. But please, do it elsewhere next time!

8:13 AM  
Blogger sky said...

I really appreciate your skills and the flow here..By the way any idea of this Attraction Accelarator.....???

http://www.randyswanston.com/attractionaccelarator/

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sky - I actually think that Randy either has multiple Blogger profiles or is hiring people to post comments on his behalf. OR he suddenly is really so popular that people are coming to ask me about his products.

Hmmmmm...

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for continuously providing useful information for the small business community. Hopefully there will be more.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quiet informative! Just wanted to share my experience, hope it will help you, I came through a website which gives you some powerful tips on how to market & sell effectively & also motivates to build your online business. Get to know more about the site here: - “Marketing Magic”

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The steps above are fairly generic, so you can use them as a starting point for the products you create.

Dave

4:46 AM  
Blogger sky said...

If you intend to make amount of profits you will need to learn the affiliate internet marketing tips that will give you a competitive edge. So here are few tips that seems to be very useful.
Bobi

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home