The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's Just Easier to Do It Myself, Right?

When it comes to outsourcing for your business, I hear this complaint quite a bit.

“But, Alice, I don’t have the time to teach someone else how to do things. It’s just easier to do it myself.”

If the task is a repetitive one, then I’d say it’s not easier to do it yourself. It IS easier to show someone how to do it once and forget about it. Yes, it might take a bit more time to get everything together in the beginning, but after the first time, you won’t have to worry about it again.

There are times after telling those hesitant at first to teach someone new, I receive a response similar to this:

“But what happens if the person I teach stops working for me or I have a problem down the line and am left to do it myself again?”

My answer is always this: Write up an instruction sheet and keep some kind of reusable record, whether it’s written out, a screen capture video or whatever.

*HINT: Outsourcing Sweetie will help take care of some of that for you and it’s coming soon.

Then if one helper moves on, which is likely in most business, when you have this in place, it will be easier to find someone else who can fill his/her shoes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely have to get out of the habit of thinking I can just do it myself. Sometimes it's hard to slow down for a minute and do what's good for the longterm.

Thank you for the nudge Alice.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home