The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, November 19, 2007

Myth Crusher Monday - Hiring a Programmer Is Expensive

Myth Crusher MondayLynette Chandler posted an interesting entry in the Private Strategies Area in the Outsourcing Sweetie Gold (BETA) Membership area and I wanted to share some of it with you and perhaps my own thoughts to the subject (if you don't mind!).

Lynette writes:

"For example, when [programmers] install a script it takes us only a few short minutes. If it’s something we haven’t installed before it would take a tad longer. But usually, it’s not that difficult to figure things out because of our knowledge, background and having the right tools. So, the final billable time to clients is not that much.

Yet, it’s not uncommon to see people try to install things on their own when they don’t even understand how to upload a file. Other times, they are a little more experienced but get hung up on one small detail that keeps them running around in a loop for hours, days sometimes weeks. You can often feel the frustration when they post on forums asking for help. I’ll bet their blood pressure is also through the roof. So much stress. All unnecessary."

A few years ago, I was in that very boat. I felt like I couldn't afford to pay someone and in fact, at first, I didn't realize that there were such talented people out there that I could easily hire. When I discovered that I was able to save the tears and stress involved with all those techy details. And trust me, there were a lot of tears.

Now I don't cry or fret - I hand it to my programmer and get back to marketing my business. I can also get more creative and use technology in a way that was never possible on my own.

It's so amazing to say, "Can you make it do this?"

And your programmer says, "Yes, it's very doable."

SWEET!

There are so many hats to wear in an online business and you yourself should never try to wear all of them. Pick the ones you're good at and focus on making your business more profitable.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home