The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday's Three Thoughts: Article Marketing


We all hear that content is king and article marketing is the bomb, but without a good strategy - it often means wasted time and money. Here's my three thoughts on article marketing. Feel free to share your own:

1. Don't just simply blindly to article directories. Find targeted website publishers and offer them rights to your articles directly.

2. Search for your articles that already being published by websites. Contact the owner to ask if he/she would like to be placed on your regular distribution list. If they're using reprint articles and already like yours, they are more than likely to say yes.

3. Build up to your byline. Give them great information that leaves them wanting even more and then offer it in your byline. For example, offer part 2 of the article via email. They get more information and you gain a new subscriber that loves your stuff!

(By the way, I have more tips you can sign up for here.)

What are your thoughts - share on, two, three or a whole bunch. :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I concur Alice :)

I stopped mass submitting articles quite a long time ago. My VA submits to a few favorite directories and that's it.

I'm actually going to trim that list just a bit here shortly and be even more targeted.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great advice Alice. Recently I've started outsourcing article marketing and I'm just getting my VA to submit to one or two targeted sites.

Another thing we'll be doing is tracking what happens when these leads come from the articles.

I know it might take some time to collect the information but it's worth it to find out if these visitors actually buy so I can figure out how much it's worth spending to have someone submitting articles for me.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

off topic> Hey, BlogRush can't totally useless, it brought a ranting mad man like me here following referrers for the day /off topic

Anyways, some handy points. I kind of mix it up, if it's a great piece I will try and find a targeted authority site for the article.. If I think it's wishy washy ( dats my best 'sweetie' language.. was thinking another adjective) .. then I will consider wider distribution, less targeted - U know, article repositories.

Anyways, just a mad Gypsy passin through.... as pathetic as it sounds, I put out an article, on article marketing this year that kinda fits in with yer post.... so have a read if ya wish - http://www.site-reference.com/articles/Internet-Marketing/Article-Marketing-Quality-over-Quantity.html

Sure, BlogRush will likely go the way of MyBlogLog .... but I found my way here.... weeeeeeeeee

TheGypsy

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Gypsy! Glad you found me. ;-)

Thanks for the tips to all and Angela, I can't find the comment where you asked about my answer to "Tough Question Tuesday," but yes I had already posted my answer there when you asked.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are all great points, and very true.

You also need to KNOW your target market before you can write articles that will appeal to them... which is why I was so glad to see the report on getting to know your target market in another post!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home